Friday, February 19, 2010

5 Question Friday

Happy Friday everyone! I hope you are enjoying that beautiful sun as much as I am!

1. Are you a side, back or stomach sleeper? Stomach always! In fact I slept on my stomach until I was 8 months pregnant with both kids. I finally had to give up and choose another position because I couldn't breathe and thought I might be squashing the baby. That last month I didn't sleep at all. I couldn't wait until I had the babies and could go back to stomach sleeping. I had c-sections with both kids and slept on my stomach the very first nights after I had them. I remember the nurses saying "Hunny, you shouldn't be sleeping on your stomach for a while. You just had a c-section and your stomach is going to be sore." I didn't care! I had to get comfortable and get some sleep. I made sure I had lots of pillows and I slept great! (Well as great as you can with a newborn baby in the room needing to eat every hour or so!)

2. Any favorite quotes/Bible verses?

"Every good and perfect gift is from above" - James 1:17

"In Him we live, and move, and have our being." Acts 17:28

"I will praise thee for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are thy works" - Psalm 139:14

"In my south the tea is as sweet as the women"

"A baby makes love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankrolls smaller, homes happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for." - Author Unknown

3. What are some job titles you have held in previous years? And which job did you enjoy the most?
Carmike 10 movie theater - My first job! I don't think I was there more than 6-8 months.
NASA Marshall Space Flight Center - Summer Intern for two summers (2000 and 2001)
Faulkner University - Receptionist, Co-Op program
Alabama State Employment Office - Summer Intern
BAE Systems - Human Resources Representative, 4 years
BAE Systems - Billing Administrator, 8 months. This was my last job before I left to stay home full time.
My favorite positions were working at the State Employment Office and my HR job with BAE Systems. I loved, loved those jobs!!!

4. What is the last thing that happened that made you laugh really hard? Last night JC came running into the living room and said "Mommy do you have something scary?" "I need something scary fast!" Me - "Why do you need something scary?" JC - "Because my hiccups just came!" How could you not laugh at that? She makes my days so much brighter!

5. Do you have any favorite sports teams? Baseball is my #1! I love the Boston Red Sox! I never watched baseball my entire life. It never interested me. That's when my Boston man Andrew came along and changed my mind. I started watching with him and now I am a true fan. I know this because I look forward to baseball season and watching the games as much as he does (and he has been a fan since birth). I even caught myself watching ESPN Classic the other night when the Red Sox won the World Series in 2004. Oh how I miss Bronson Arroyo!! What a happy day :) I remember watching alone in my bed while Andrew was away doing Radio City in New York. I wanted so badly to be with him watching.
My other favorite sports to watch are the Huntsville Havoc hockey team and of course Auburn football. War Eagle! (this is just for you Nat).

2 comments:

  1. Well, Nat doesn't like Auburn football; but I do love the Boston Red Sox! I remember the 2004 World Series quite well. I still have my World Series Champs shirt, which I love - bought it at Fenway the next season. I miss Johnny Damon myself. He was my man and broke my heart when he went to the Yankees. There was talk he may sign with Atlanta, which will allow me to love him a little more once again. Love you Johnny! Tony says he looks like Billy Ray Cyrus. I'd better stop commenting now or I'll have to make this a post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too was a Johnny lover! When he crossed over to become a Yankee Andrew told me I was no longer allowed to like him. I think he said something along the lines of "You never go from a Red Sox to a Yankee...never!" I especially liked that long flowing hair. Reminds me of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a stay-at-home Mom. My husband Andrew and I have been married 6 years and have 3 beautiful children, JaneClaire, Silas and Rossin.